Afflictions

Saturday, September 12, 2015

WRITING MARATHON:

   Tonight, for no specific reason, I'll be brewing up a pot of blackest coffee, and burning the midnight oil. I've decided to have a one man writing marathon from 20:00 hours this eve until 04:00 hours on the morrow.

   Thankfully my lovely wife has agreed to let me sleep in Sunday, thus freeing me to bang my head against the keyboard for six hours straight. My weird western short story is looking more and more like it may end up being a novella.

   I'm really excited about this one too, as it is the first time I've purposely written Bizarro fiction. I've made an effort to strip away many of my internal filters, thus ensuring a much more crude and sophomoric band of characters, but hopefully in a tongue-firmly-in-cheek sort of way. Think Ren & Stimpy vs. The Garbage Pail Kids; rated a hard R, and set in the weird west. That's what I'm going for, and I sure hope you all enjoy it. More updates later!

   Feel free to do your own #WritingMarathon and join me on Twitter @Dev_M_Anderson as I check in every hour with a brief update and current word count.

Write long! Write hard!

Skål!

No comments:

Post a Comment