Afflictions

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Tragic Aftermath

Welp, the writing marathon bonanza is ended, and the nuclear fallout has settled. The final outcome, 2000 words.
Unfortunately I was forced to cut it short at around 02:20 hours due to my son waking up with a fever. Poor lil' dude.

Either way, the thing I learned from the experience is that I really need to start outlining my stories. I found myself continuously going back and editing, instead of continuing to write the first draft.

Also, due to a particularly awkward dialogue scene, I found myself loosing momentum and focus. The story started to lag, which is why I began to knit-pick. I got some great moments in there, but my word count really trickled off at the end.

The first hour or so I was an effing juggernaut wordsmith though. Sorry for the masturbatory ego boosting, but I'm happy with my progress thus far.

I will try to make this a weekly occurrence in my writing schedule. An hour here and there is fine, but there's nothing like strapping yourself to the keyboard and going downtown Charlie Brown on your work.

Thank you to those who followed along on Twitter. I hope that you were able to get some writing done as well.

Skål!

No comments:

Post a Comment